This 6-month Customer Service Training Program (CSP) prepares students to be proficient customer service professionals. The program elevates customer service to a viable and recognizable profession.
The program covers the interactive elements of customer service as well as the increasingly technical aspects of customer service. These include the use of customer relationship management (CRM) software, the most current offerings in enterprise resource (ERP) software, and online techniques for research and customer service support.
The course also includes training in web analytics and research, which are increasingly becoming integral elements in effective customer service. The 6-month program leads to the award of the Certificate In Customer Service (CCS).
This intense interactive online course is intended to train confident, courteous, self-assured and welcoming professionals who view themselves as valuable professionals and their customers as invaluable assets to their respective organizations. Students will practice public speaking, personal interaction and telephone etiquette amongst other practicum elements.
The program is organized around modules. The main modules are outlined as follows:
Module I: Customer Care Overview
- Who Are Your Customers?
- Identifying Your Customers
- Introduction To The GUEST Concept
- Essential Customer Service Skills
- Positive Attitude - Managing Customer Communications
- Do's And Dont's of Customer Care
Module II: Communication Etiquette
- Building Trust With Customers
- Receiving Telephone Calls
- Making Telephone Calls
- Sending Professional Emails
- Sending Professional Text Messages
- Professional Social Media Etiquette
- Assertiveness Training
- Empathy Training
- Rehearsals & Preparation
- Long-Term Relationship Building
Module III: Personality Typology
- The Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Personality Types In Customer Interaction
- Conflict Management In Customer Service
Module IV: Telemarketing Techniques
- Using The Telephone As A Sales Tool
- Improving The Power Of The Voice
- Effective Verbal Communication
- Sales Call Planning
- Cold Calling Techniques
- Telephone Sales Contact Strategy
- Opening The Call
- Closing The Call
- Facial Expressions In Telemarketing
- Voicemail & Non-Real-Time Verbal Communication
Module V: Research Techniques - Methods & Sources
- Customer Insight From Social Media Sources
- Data-driven Web Analytics
- Use Of Tracking Cookies & Other Web-Based Techniques
- Open-Source Data Sources & Research Techniques
- Proprietary & Subscription-Based Data Sources
Module VI: CRM & ERP Software
- Introduction to CRM and ERP Software
- Review of CRM Software for Customer Service
- Review of ERP Software for Customer Service
- CRM Software Practicum
- ERP Software Practicum
Module VII: Closing The Sale
- Uncovering The Customer's Needs
- The (Vanishing) Art of Listening
- Selling Benefits
- Closing The Sale
- Overcoming Resistance
- Making Appointments
- Analyzing The Call
- Developing An Action plan
Classes are held weekly in LIVE, interactive online sessions led by highly experienced practitioners and trainers. Classes are scheduled for evenings and weekends to accommodate work schedules. Extensive practice testing material is available to assist with exam preparation.
Students are assigned to cohorts based on a balance between availability in a given cohort and indicated preference of students during the application process. (Individualized classes are scheduled at the convenience of the student and the instructor but must meet the minimum participation requirements for the program.)
The exact schedule of classes and the electronic credentials needed for online access are provided to students in their Admissions Package.
- The CSP program runs for 6 months (24 weeks).
- CSP cohorts typically start the first (working) Monday of every quarter (January, April, July and October).
- Registration for new CSP cohorts closes 1 month in advance of the start date. (For instance, students who want to participate in a program starting in January need to be registered by the end of November.) This is to ensure proper planning and management of cohort sizes.
- CSP classes typically meet online twice a week; registered students have access to study and test material on the online platform every day of the week.
- Special classes for organizations, groups or associations may be arranged outside of this standing schedule. (For group schedules, send email to .)
IDMANN Institute is committed to providing affordable, quality education for as many students as possible. The institution provides a standing bursary for students in most of our programs based on available financial resources. The goal of the bursary is to assist students in a particular demographic or grouping that may legitimately benefit from the program but may face financial challenges in covering the full cost of tuition.
IDMANN Challenge Bursary:
This program is supported by the IDMANN Challenge Bursary. The IDMANN Challenge Bursary is financial aid provided by IDMANN Institute and partner organizations that fund the Enterprise Development Fund. The IDMANN Challenge Bursary supports students according to the following criteria:
- The IDMANN Challenge Bursary only covers tuition, not the application fee. Awards are made AFTER students have applied and have been successfully admitted into the program.
- The IDMANN Challenge Bursary will only support the first ten (10) eligible students to apply in the qualifying cohort. This means that students who apply early are more likely to be successfully considered for the bursary award. The Challenge Bursary is made on a "first-come first-awarded" basis. Students in eligible countries are STRONGLY encouraged to apply early and to indicate their intent to apply for the bursary award. (No special form is required, simply indicate in the application form.)
- The IDMANN Challenge Bursary covers 50% of the tuition for students. It does NOT cover the application fee.
- The IDMANN Challenge Bursary operates on a contributory basis. This means that students must pay their share of the tuition IN A TIMELY MANNER for the bursary to be applied. In the event that students fail to make their payments in a timely manner, the bursary award will automatically lapse and students will be responsible for the full tuition.
- Bursary awards are for a specific cohort in a specific course and cannot be transferred to another course. However, in the event that the award recipient needs to transfer to a different cohort within the same course, upon approval of their instructor, the bursary award may be transferred to the new cohort at the same level of support as in the previous cohort.
- The IDMANN Challenge Bursary is available subject to continued availability of funds to support the bursary. The Institute and supporting partners may terminate the program without prior notice. In any circumstance, students awarded a bursary will receive the committed support through the completion of their studies at IDMANN Institute.
- The IDMANN Challenge Bursary is available only to students applying to the program and are RESIDENT in the following countries at the time of application: Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Jamaica, Kenya, Tanzania, Guyana, Suriname, Haiti and Indonesia.
Application & Registration Fees:
|Tuition (Monthly)||Contact the registrar for specific costs as well as tuition assistance.|
|Eligible for IDMANN Challenge Bursary?||Yes (See conditions)|